
Unbelievable Ilocos Norte Getaway: Green Meadows Hotel & Restaurant Awaits!
Unbelievable Ilocos Norte Getaway: Green Meadows Hotel & Restaurant Awaits! - A Messy, Honest Review (and a Tempting Offer!)
Okay, folks, listen up. I've just returned from a little Ilocos Norte adventure, and let me tell you, unbelievable is the right word. And the main culprit in this tale of sun, sand, and sinigang? The Green Meadows Hotel & Restaurant. Let's dive in, shall we? This isn't your typical, perfectly polished review; this is me, unfiltered.
First Impressions & Getting There (Accessibility Headache? Nah!)
I'm going to be brutally honest. Getting to Ilocos Norte? Not a breeze. But hey, that's the adventure right? Now, Green Meadows? Surprisingly easy to find. The website talks about airport transfer (score!) and car park [free of charge] (another win!). They also have car park [on-site] – which is just chef's kiss convenience. So, if you're driving (like I did, bless my GPS), it's straightforward. Accessibility is a big deal these days, and I saw a few nods towards it, like elevator, and the website mentioned Facilities for disabled guests. I didn't NEED any of it, but it’s nice to see they're thinking about it. Honestly? That alone bumps it up a notch.
Rooms: My Sanctuary…or Was it? (The Real Deal)
Alright, the rooms. My room? It was supposed to be a haven, right? And you know what? It mostly was. They've got all the usual suspects: Air conditioning (phew!), Alarm clock (meh, I'm a phone person), Bathrobes (yes!), Bathroom phone (seriously?), Bathtub (luxury!), Blackout curtains (necessary!), Carpeting (kinda meh, honestly), Closet (bless!), Coffee/tea maker (lifesaver!), Complimentary tea (always welcome), Daily housekeeping (thank you, angels!), Desk (needed), Extra long bed (good for tall people, like me – or at least, not short!), Free bottled water (hydration is key!), Hair dryer (essential!), High floor (beautiful views!), In-room safe box (peace of mind), Interconnecting room(s) available (handy for families), Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless (duh!), Ironing facilities (wrinkle-free selfies!), Laptop workspace (because work never sleeps), Linens (fresh!), Mini bar (tempting!), Mirror (vanity check!), Non-smoking (thank goodness!), On-demand movies (couch potato central!), Private bathroom (privacy!), Reading light (for late-night novel binges), Refrigerator (snacks!), Safety/security feature (important!), Satellite/cable channels (channel surfing!), Scale (maybe don't look?), Seating area (plenty of space), Separate shower/bathtub (fancy!), Shower (refreshing!), Slippers (cozy!), Smoke detector (safety!), Socket near the bed (charging heaven!), Sofa (lounging!), Soundproofing (needed!), Telephone (old school!), Toiletries (the little luxuries!), Towels (fluffy!), Umbrella (Ilocos Norte rain!), Visual alarm (smart!), Wake-up service (reliable!), Wi-Fi free, Window that opens (fresh air!).
Okay, so that's a lot of stuff. Real talk, the room was clean. Seriously, sparkling. And that, my friends, is a huge point in their favor. The daily housekeeping? Top notch, I'm telling you.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: The Feast (and the Food Coma)
Okay, let's talk about food. Because, let's be real, that's what separates a good vacation from a GREAT one. Green Meadows delivered.
The Restaurant(s): They have Restaurants plural! And they delivered on both Asian cuisine in restaurant, and Western cuisine in restaurant.I'm a sucker for a good buffet in restaurant and they had it. A la carte in restaurant, too, if you prefer to pick an choose. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was always on point, and let me tell you, the Soup in restaurant was a lifesaver after a day of exploring.
Breakfast Bonanza: the Breakfast [buffet] was a highlight. Asian breakfast options were available (yes!), and they have Breakfast takeaway service too, which is awesome for those early-bird adventures.
Drinks & Good Times: There's a Bar, which is always a plus, and a Poolside bar. Perfect for those sunset cocktails. They even throw in Happy hour! The Poolside bar was the perfect spot for a quick drink. And, of course, the always important Bottle of water was readily available.
Snacks & Treats: Desserts in restaurant? Yes, please! They also had a Snack bar… because who doesn’t need a quick bite?
I'm going to double down on the restaurant experience. They got me to try the local dishes, and now I'm obsessed! I hadn't tried bagnet before, and it became an every-meal necessity. Everything was fresh. Everything was flavourful. The service? Let's just say they knew their stuff. They even had Vegetarian restaurant.
Things To Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Day…or Not
Alright, relaxation. I wasn't in spa mode myself, but they have a Spa, a Spa/sauna, Sauna, Steamroom, and a Fitness center (guilt-inducing, but good). Plus they offered a Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, and Massage. This is a full-on recharge station. They also have a Pool with view! And, of course, a Swimming pool and Swimming pool [outdoor].
Cleanliness and Safety: Sanitized Paradise
This is important given recent events. Green Meadows takes this seriously. They have Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call (peace of mind!), First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, and Sterilizing equipment.
They also have Room sanitization opt-out available, just in case you're a germaphobe. I'm not, but I appreciated the effort!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
Let's breeze through the essentials: They have Air conditioning in public area, Cash withdrawal, Concierge (helpful!), Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store (snacks!), Currency exchange (convenient!), Daily housekeeping (yes!), Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop (I bought way too many t-shirts!), Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities (if you're feeling productive - but I wasn't!), Safety deposit boxes, and a Taxi service. Basically, they've thought of everything.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fun!
They have Babysitting service, so parents can get some alone time. And they are Family/child friendly, with Kids facilities, and Kids meal.
The Not-So-Perfect Bits (Because Real Life)
Look, no place is perfect. I wanted to mention a few slight niggles. The Wi-Fi, although it was free (thank you, gods of the internet!), wasn't always the speed of light. The Internet was available, but wasn't always the strongest signal in the world. And sometimes the room service [24-hour] took slightly longer than promised. But honestly? These are minor complaints.
Final Verdict: Go! Go Now!
Overall? Green Meadows Hotel & Restaurant is a win. The location? Fantastic for exploring the area. The rooms? Comfortable. The food? Amazing. The staff? Super friendly. It’s perfect, especially considering its features and location.
Here's My Offer To Hook You!
Ready to ditch the everyday and embrace the Ilocos Norte magic? Here's what I'm offering:
"Unbelievable Ilocos Norte Getaway: Green Meadows Hotel & Restaurant Awaits!" Package
- Extended Stay Bonus: Book a minimum of 3 nights and receive a free delicious welcome drink on arrival, a complimentary dessert at dinner one evening, and a guaranteed room upgrade (subject to availability).
- Culinary Adventure: Include a half-day trip to the local market, and a cooking class with the chef to learn how to make your own bagnet! This option is only available for the first 10 bookings.
- Stress-Free Booking: Contact the hotel directly for a guaranteed rate.

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this itinerary for the Green Meadows Hotel & Restaurant in Ilocos Norte is gonna be… well, let’s just say it’s gonna be me. Forget the perfectly polished travel influencer nonsense. This is real life, with all the questionable food choices, existential dread (maybe), and accidental sunburns you could ask for.
Green Meadows & The Glorious Mess That Is Ilocos Norte: An Itinerary of Utterly Questionable Choices
(WARNING: May contain excessive use of exclamation points, random capitalization, and a general disregard for proper time management. You've been warned.)
Day 1: Arrival of the Over-Thinker & The Great Sunburn
Morning (ish):
- 8:00 AM (give or take an hour, jet lag is a BEAST): Finally arrive at Laoag International Airport! The air is thick with humidity, and already, I'm sweating like a politician at a town hall meeting. The taxi ride to Green Meadows? A blur of jeepneys, tricycle madness, and that distinct smell of… well, Southeast Asia. It's intoxicating! In a slightly overwhelming way.
- 9:30 AM (procrastination is a skill, right?): Check into Green Meadows. The lobby is air-conditioned, which is a godsend. The woman at the front desk is lovely, bless her heart. My room? Decent! A little dated, but hey, it has AC and a bed. That's all I need, right? Right? (Cue internal monologue about the philosophical meaning of "enough" and the existential dread of hotel room wallpaper.)
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM (the "I'll just unpack…for an hour" phase): Unpack. Take a shower (needed!). Stare blankly at the guidebook. Question all my life choices that led me to this moment. Decide to wear my brightest floral shirt. (Big mistake. HUGE.)
Afternoon:
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at the Green Meadows restaurant. Okay, here's the real talk: the "Pinakbet" was… interesting. Let's just say it was a novel experience for my taste buds. (My face in the photo? That’s the truth!) The service, though, was fantastic! So, props for that.
- 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: The Unintentional Beach Day of Doom: Okay, so I decided to brave the sun and head to Saud Beach. Sounds idyllic, right? Wrong. I underestimated the sun's power. I got there, marvelled at the powdery sand, and proceeded to fry myself. Like, actual, red-lobster-on-a-plancha fried. The photos? Proof of my idiocy. The beach was gorgeous, though. Truly stunning. Just… bring sunscreen. And a hazmat suit. Maybe a priest to ward off that evil sun.
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM : Attempt to get sunburn relief back at the hotel. Thank god for the AC.
Evening:
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at Green Meadows. I opted for the safe bet: adobo. No surprises there! It was… good. Comfort food. The perfect end to a day where I’d basically committed sun-based seppuku.
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Crash. Hard. The sunburn, the jet lag, the Pinakbet trauma… it all caught up to me. I slept like the dead.
Day 2: Sand Dunes, Sinking Churches, and the Search for the Perfect Empanada
Morning:
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast at Green Meadows. The breakfast buffet was… serviceable. Okay, I lied. The scrambled eggs were a little suspect. But the coffee? That was strong. The coffee got me through the day.
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The adventures of the sand dunes. Took a trike ride with a local guide. The sand dunes were AWESOME! Absolutely epic. I had a blast going dune bashing in a 4x4, my inner child screamed with joy. I attempted sandboarding. I failed spectacularly. I looked ridiculous. I loved every second of it. It was dusty. It was hot. It was worth it.
Afternoon:
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM : Lunch at a local eatery near the sand dunes. I tried the "bagnet" (deep-fried pork belly). It was crispy, fatty, utterly sinful, and I regret nothing. (Except maybe the cholesterol levels in the future).
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: The Sinking Church of San Jose. Creepy, cool, and slightly heartbreaking. The sheer power of nature – humbling and awe-inspiring. Took a million photos. Tried to imagine what it was like when that was once the town's church.
- 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM : Search for the perfect Empanada. I'm on a quest. I need to find the Empanada that will change my life. I visited numerous Empanada stands. Some were… okay. Some were disappointing. The search continues.
Evening:
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at Green Meadows. This time, I ventured beyond adobo. I tried the "sinigang". It was tangy. In a good way! The dining room was also filled with a very loud family. I watched their interactions. This is the real travel, right?
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Attempt to write in my journal. Fail. Watch TV. Order room service (fries, obviously). Contemplate the meaning of life (again). Fall asleep with the TV on.
Day 3: The Farewell & The Empanada Revelation
Morning:
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast (same as yesterday, eggs still suspect).
- 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Last-minute souvenir shopping in Laoag. (Panic-buying souvenirs is a crucial step in any proper trip.) Acquire a questionable, but ultimately hilarious, Ilocano t-shirt.
- 11:00 AM: ONE MORE EMPANADA. This time, I hit the jackpot!! This Empanada. Crisp, flavorful, perfect. I found it. The end.
Afternoon:
- 12:00 PM: Check out of Green Meadows. (A little sad to leave, even though it was a love-hate relationship.) Say goodbye to the lovely front desk lady. Promise to return someday (maybe).
- 1:00 PM: Head to the airport.
- 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM: Flight back to reality.
Final Thoughts:
Ilocos Norte was a rollercoaster. The food was hit or miss. My skin is still peeling. I'm a bit mentally exhausted. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's the chaos, the imperfections, the moments of pure joy and utter embarrassment that make travel worthwhile. And that Empanada? Worth the trip alone. So, Green Meadows? It was a decent place to crash. The staff were lovely. The food was… an experience. And I will always remember the glorious sunburn that was the starting point of it all. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go buy more sunscreen. And maybe a therapist.
Riyadh's Hidden Gem: Al Malqa Elite Hotel - Unforgettable Luxury Awaits!
Okay, so...Green Meadows. *IS* it worth it? Spill the tea!
What are the rooms *actually* like? Be honest! Like, are we talking "bed bugs" honest?
The pool…is that pool *actually* swimmable? 'Cause those pictures sometimes lie, you know…
Tell me about the food at the restaurant. Is it edible? Is it *good* ?
Okay, but what about the service? Are the staff friendly? 'Cause cranky staff can ruin a whole trip!
Location, location, location! How convenient is it for exploring Ilocos Norte?
Anything I need to know before I go? Any "oh crap, I wish I knew that before!" moments?
So, final verdict: Would you go back? Seriously, would you?


Post a Comment for "Unbelievable Ilocos Norte Getaway: Green Meadows Hotel & Restaurant Awaits!"