
Auburn Hills Escape: Luxury Hotel Near Pontiac (IHG)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your average, dry-as-a-desert-rose hotel review. We're diving headfirst into Auburn Hills Escape: Luxury Hotel Near Pontiac (IHG) and boy, is it a rollercoaster. Prepare for a messy, honest, and hopefully hilarious account.
The Premise: I needed a weekend getaway. Stress levels? Through the roof. Decision fatigue? You betcha. So, I booked a room at the "luxury" Auburn Hills Escape. The IHG branding promised a certain level of… well, escaping. Let’s see if they delivered.
First Impressions & Accessibility (The Basics, But Still Important!)
Finding the damn place was the first test. GPS got a little wonky, but once I saw that gleaming, glass-fronted… thing… my heart did a little flutter. Luxury! (Or at least, what my brain had started to imagine as luxury after weeks of staring at office cubicles.)
- Accessibility: Okay, HUGE thumbs up here. Plenty of parking (and free!), ramps, elevators, all the stuff that’s actually important. Didn’t feel like I was navigating a maze built by a sadist. Big points for actual practical luxury.
- Check-in/out [express/private]: Pretty quick. Wasn't a line too long though, and the person was courteous enough. Felt less rushed than usual, which is always a win.
- Elevator: Yep, there's an elevator. Always a good sign.
- Facilities for disabled guests: Didn’t personally need them, but saw clear signage and assumed everything was up to standard. Good on ‘em for thinking about everyone!
The Room: My Temporary Kingdom (Or, Did I Get Scammed?)
Alright, let's get real. The "luxury" part? Well, it depends on your definition. It started off very well.
- Available in all rooms: Yep, all the usual suspects were here - the air conditioning, the alarm clock (hated that at first, but grew on me), the bathrobe (didn't use it, felt weird), the bathroom phone (seriously, who uses a bathroom phone?), the bathtub (yes!), the blackout curtains (SAVED me!), the closet, the coffee/tea maker (essential!), the complimentary tea, the daily housekeeping (did this make it feel guilty for lounging in the bed until noon?!), the desk, the extra long bed (YES!),free bottled water (always appreciated), the hair dryer, the in-room safe box, the internet access–wireless, the ironing facilities (who irons anymore?), the laptop workspace, the linens (clean!), the mini bar (tempting, but pricy), the mirror, the non-smoking (yay! No smoke!), the on-demand movies (didn't use), the private bathroom, the reading light, the refrigerator (good for leftovers), the satellite/cable channels, the scale (judging me already? Rude!), the seating area, the separate shower/bathtub, the shower, the slippers (nice touch!), the smoke detector, the socket near the bed (thank god!), the sofa, the soundproofing, the telephone, the toiletries, the towels (fluffy!), the umbrella, the visual alarm (didn't need, but good to have), the wake-up service, the Wi-Fi [free], and the window that opens.
- Air conditioning: Crucial. Michigan heat.
- Blackout curtains: Lifesaver. Slept like a log.
- Bed: Comfy enough. Did I get the "extra long" bed? Probably not.
- Internet access – wireless (Wi-Fi [free]): Worked flawlessly. Streaming cat videos all night. No complaints here.
The Food Fight: Dining, Drinking, and Snacking
Okay, let's dissect the food situation. This is where things got…interesting.
- Restaurants: Yes, plural! The main restaurant was… fine. I'd call it "standard hotel fare". Nothing spectacular, nothing awful. Just… food.
- Breakfast [buffet]: Ah, the buffet. A tale of two mornings. Day one? Glorious. Pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, the works. Day two? A bit… picked over. Felt like the cleanup crew was already eyeing my plate.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Decent coffee. Needed that. Badly.
- Poolside bar: Didn't make it to the pool (more on that later…), so no poolside bar experience. Missed opportunity, I regret to say.
- Snack bar: Standard stuff. Chips, candy, the usual.
- Room service [24-hour]: Tempted, but chickened out. Hotel room service always seemed better in theory. Would've been too lazy anyway.
- Bottle of water: Appreciated. Hydration is key!
The "Relaxation" Games: Spa, Pool, and Beyond
Alright, now for the stuff that really mattered: the escape part.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Ah, the pool. Saw it! It was… appealing. Didn't end up actually swimming. (Blame the Michigan weather, the "to-do" list, or my own sheer laziness.)
- Sauna, Steamroom: Didn’t get to these either. (Feeling a bit like a failure at this point, spa-wise.)
- Fitness center: Nope, avoided that. Vacation = no exercise.
- Spa, Massage: This, THIS is where things get interesting. I'd booked a massage. I needed a massage! It was a Godsend. The masseuse? Amazing. Unbelievably skilled. She kneaded my stress into oblivion. It was the single best part of the whole hotel experience. Seriously, if you book, get a massage. Worth every single penny.
- Body scrub, Body wrap: Again, didn't do it. Commitment phobe over here, apparently.
Cleanliness & Safety: The Sanitized Zone
In these strange Covid-times, sanitation is everything.
- Cleanliness and safety: The hotel looked clean. Hand sanitizer was everywhere. Saw staff cleaning constantly. Made me feel relatively reassured.
- Hand sanitizer: Available. Good!
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Seemed like it. They wore masks, which was reassuring.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: Didn't opt out, who knows what horrors lurk beneath.
- Cashless payment service: Yes.
- Individually-wrapped food options: Yes. See above about breakfast.
Services & Conveniences: The Extras
- Concierge: They were helpful. Gave me directions, and helped me with some local stuff.
- Daily housekeeping: Appreciated!
- Laundry service: Didn't use, but good to know it was there.
- Car park [free of charge]/Car park [on-site]: Yeah, free parking!
- Luggage storage: Yep.
For the Kids:
- Family/child friendly: Didn't see any kids, but the hotel seemed generally accommodating.
The Quirks and Imperfections (Because Real Life is Messy)
- The View: My room overlooked… a parking lot. Not exactly the "luxury" vista I'd hoped for. Minor letdown if you're expecting the world.
- The Noise: Could hear the occasional vehicle, but nothing too disruptive.
- The Staff: Mostly great. One or two seemed a little… stressed? Understandable.
- The Little Things: No complimentary toothbrush. No biggie, but always a nice touch.
My Conclusion: Worth It?
Yes. Overall, Auburn Hills Escape: Luxury Hotel Near Pontiac (IHG) delivered a decent stay!
Here’s the thing: It’s not perfect. But it’s comfortable, clean, has a damn good massage, and offers solid accessibility. It’s a good base for exploring the area. Would I go back? Probably. Especially if I could get another massage. My god, that massage…
SEO for the Win!
- Keywords: Auburn Hills hotel, Pontiac hotel, luxury hotel, IHG, spa, massage, accessible hotel, Michigan getaway, hotel near Pontiac, hotel with pool.
- Key Phrases: "Auburn Hills Escape Review," "Luxury hotel near Pontiac," "Accessible hotel in Auburn Hills", "Best spa in Auburn Hills."
The Offer (The Final Pitch!)
Feeling Stressed? Need to Escape?
Book your getaways to the Auburn Hills Escape: Luxury Hotel Near Pontiac (IHG) now and receive a complimentary upgrade to a room with a better view! (Disclaimer: view upgrades subject to availability, but hopefully, better than the parking lot!) Plus, if you book within the week, we'll throw in a 20% discount on all spa treatments! *Come and experience the massage. *Book now, and let us take the stress off you.* This is your chance to escape from it all and make your stay be an experience.
P.S. Don't be a hero;
Uncover Kaliningrad's Secrets: The Mahaon Enigma!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because you're about to get a raw, unfiltered peek into my impending (and potentially disastrous) trip to the Holiday Inn Express Auburn Hills South. Let's just pray they have good coffee, okay? Because Mama needs her caffeine.
Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Dread of Mini-Shampoo Bottles
1:00 PM (ish) - Flight into Detroit: The Pre-Trip Panic. Okay, I swear I triple-checked the reservation. Did I? Ugh, probably not. I'm notorious for last-minute airport sprint sessions. The anticipation is already eating at me. Also, I'm mildly terrified of flying, so pray for me. Any tips on conquering pre-flight jitters? I need all the help I can get.
2:30 PM (hopefully) - Rental Car Ritual: This is where things truly get messy. Pray for the gods of navigation. I’m a disaster in any car, so I’m hoping the GPS doesn’t lead me into a swamp. Last time I tried to navigate a roundabout, people were probably looking at me like I was an alien.
4:00 PM - The Holy Grail of Hospitality: Check-In. Sweet relief! Hopefully, my reservation exists in the system. My biggest fear at check-in? Not finding the room, forgetting my mask, and the dreaded mini-shampoo. Seriously, what evil genius thought those tiny things were a good idea? I swear, I need a gallon of conditioner, not a thimble.
4:30 PM - The Room Inspection (aka, Judging Time). Okay, first impressions. Am I in a clean room? Do the sheets look…suspicious? Does the air conditioning actually work? I have a strict "no dust bunnies allowed" policy. Fingers crossed.
5:30 PM - Dinner Mishap. I have to find food! The closest restaurant isn't too far, but I'm not in the mood to change my clothes and do my hair. Let's order takeout, I'm already regretting the thought of the food court! What would be the best takeout in the area?
7:00 PM - Unpacking and settling in: Ah, the sweet bliss before complete chaos. This is where I unpack, spread my belongings around the room. It'll look like a tornado has hit by morning, I guarantee it.
Day 2: Exploration and the Quest for Wi-Fi
7:00 AM - The Breakfast Battle (or, the Quest for Decent Coffee). Okay, this is IMPORTANT. Does the Holiday Inn Express have a good breakfast bar? I need my protein, I need my carbs, and I need mountains of coffee. If the coffee is bad, the whole day is ruined. I'm hoping for waffles, seriously.
8:00 AM - The Pontiac Exploration Begins: Okay, let's do this! I'm thinking a visit to the automotive museums, I really want to see the cars. I'll need to brush up on my car-nerd lingo for this, but I'm sure I can wing it.
11:00 AM: The Wi-Fi Catastrophe. This is a gamble. I depend on my phone and the hotel WiFi, which can be a nightmare. I'm hoping to connect, but it can be a disaster. Maybe I should have packed my own hotspot.
12:00 PM - Lunch and Regret: Food again, and I'm sure to be hungry! I might have to resort to fast food, or maybe something more adventuresome? Any tips on good, cheap lunch spots in the area?
1:00 PM - More Museum Adventures and Parking Fiascos: I'll be there. I just have to find where to park. Last time I was in a city, I couldn't find a place.
4:00 PM - Downtime and the Great Book Experiment: I may have to return to my room. It's either that or find a comfortable spot on the sofa and read a book. I forgot to pack a book! I'll have to see if the hotel has something.
7:00 PM: The Evening Meal - Another Food Fiasco: I'm sure to find some food. I just don't know what. I'll have to figure something out.
Day 3: Departure(and the lingering smell of hotel shampoo)
7:00 AM - The Breakfast and Coffee Finale: Another chance! I need a coffee coma to manage my last-day stress.
8:00 AM - Last-Minute Panic and the Search for Souvenirs. Okay, this is where the chaos kicks in. Do I have everything? Did I remember to buy a souvenir for my Aunt? I'm probably forgetting something crucial.
9:00 AM - Check-Out Ritual. Pray for a smooth checkout. Hopefully, I won’t find any mystery charges on my bill.
10:00 AM - Farewell Pontiac (and the bittersweet goodbye to the hotel bed). Time to bid adieu to the Holiday Inn Express. I bet the hotel has seen some crazy experiences.
11:00 AM - Airport Dash and the "Did I Leave the Straightener On?" Anxiety. The final hurdle. I'm going to get lost! And did I leave that straightener on?
Notes and Random Ramblings:
- Mood: a cocktail of excitement, mild terror, and a deep appreciation for good coffee.
- Packing Priorities: Comfortable shoes, a ludicrous amount of snacks, and a sense of humor.
- The Goal: Survive, see some cool things, and hopefully, come home with some decent photos.
- Biggest Fear: Getting hopelessly lost. Or possibly getting a flat tire. Or…well, the list goes on.
- Biggest Hope: That the hotel has a pool. And maybe a jacuzzi. A girl can dream, can't she?
- Most Likely Scenario: Hilarity will ensue. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
So there you have it. My slightly unhinged, totally honest, and hopefully entertaining travel itinerary. Wish me luck - I'm going to need it. And if you see a frazzled woman wandering around Auburn Hills looking lost and slightly crazed, that's probably me. Don't hesitate to say hello. (But maybe offer me a coffee first.)
Escape to Paradise: My Inn Cubao's Manila Oasis Awaits!
Auburn Hills Escape: You Got Questions? I Got...Answers (Maybe)
1. Okay, so, Auburn Hills Escape... is it actually *near* Pontiac? Because my GPS is usually wrong.
Alright, picture this: You're driving, sweating, already lost because Waze apparently enjoys sending you down dirt roads. The good news? Auburn Hills *is* near Pontiac. Real near. Like, close enough you could probably toss a really, *really* good frisbee and hit the Pontiac. Maybe. Google Maps said it was a 5-minute drive. It took me a solid fifteen, mostly because I tried to avoid the massive pothole that looks like it swallowed a small car. So, yeah. Near. But, you know... GPS. Don't rely on it. Pack snacks.
2. Is it, you know, *luxury*? Like, do they have gold-plated toothbrushes? Because I'm classy like that… (kidding, mostly).
"Luxury," huh? Well, let me tell you about *my* definition of luxury. Did the room have shampoo that didn't smell like industrial cleaner? YES. Bonus points. Soft towels? Double YES. Now, gold-plated toothbrushes? Sadly, no. My expectations were, well, *slightly* lower than the Ritz-Carlton. But for the price, and compared to some of the… *other* hotels I've endured, it felt pretty darn luxurious. Like, "I'm-not-sleeping-on-a-questionable-mattress" luxurious. Which, let's be honest, is a win.
3. Let's talk food. Is the restaurant any good? Because I'm on a diet, and "fancy" usually equals tiny portions.
Okay, the restaurant! Here’s where things get… interesting. I tried the breakfast buffet. The *buffet*. Let's just say my diet went on a temporary vacation. They had everything. Everything! Fruit, pastries, the works. The pancakes were fluffy. The bacon… oh, the bacon. Perfectly crispy. I may or may not have eaten five (don't judge me, I was on holiday!). Lunch and dinner? Didn’t try. But I saw others enjoying their meals, looking very pleased. So the food I had was great.
4. The pool! Tell me about the pool. Is it Instagrammable? Because, priorities.
The *pool*. Alright, picture this: a decent-sized pool, clean, not crammed with screaming children (a definite plus in my book). It wasn't exactly the infinity pool with the panoramic view I’d dreamed of. But you know what? It was perfectly fine. Plenty of space. Decent temperature (warm enough to enjoy, cold enough to refresh). And yes, totally Instagrammable. I took a picture of my book and the pool in the background. #LivingMyBestLife #HotelVibes etc. The fact it was also relatively quiet, compared to the hotel’s gym, was a huge plus.
5. What about the service? Are the staff friendly or that detached, corporate-y kind?
The staff? Surprisingly delightful. Like, actually *nice*. Not just the "Have a great day, sir/madam" thing. They were genuinely helpful. I had a minor issue with my TV (user error, probably). The front desk sent someone up within minutes. Super friendly, fixed the problem, and even cracked a joke. Now, I’m a sucker for good service. So, yes. The staff gets a gold star from me.
6. I'm traveling with kids. Are they welcome? Are there things to do? Help!
Kids! Okay, so… I didn't have any kids with me. But, I saw a few families. There’s the pool – always a win. Seems like there's a decent space for the under-10s. Whether it's a good idea to stay there with kids? I can't say... but kids seemed welcome. Just be mindful of the noise, I guess. But the usual thing is, just use your discretion – you know if it's a good idea or not.
7. Parking? Is it a nightmare? Because I hate circling parking lots.
Parking? Actually, a major win! Plenty of spaces. I’m not talking about cramped underground parking, either. It was a spacious lot, easy to navigate. No circling for 20 minutes while slowly descending into madness. Bonus points for the parking situation. Very smooth. Very convenient.
8. What about the gym? (I'm asking for a friend... who's me). Is it any good?
The gym. Okay, this is where things get… slightly less perfect. I did venture in, because, you know, *health*. It was equipped with treadmills, elliptical machines, and some weights. Basic, but functional. The problem? It was *busy*. Like, really busy. The weights area felt a bit cramped. Honestly, I got a better workout just avoiding the breakfast buffet. But hey, it's there.
9. Did anything go wrong? Because I need to prepare myself...
Did anything go wrong? Hmm… well, my room key inexplicably stopped working. Twice. Minor inconvenience, easily fixed. And, as I mentioned, the TV was being a little… temperamental. But honestly? Those are small potatoes. Nothing major. No fire alarms blaring at 3 AM, no surprise charges on my bill (yet!). Overall, a smooth experience.
10. So, would you recommend it? Be honest!
Okay, the million-dollar question. Would I recommend the Auburn Hills Escape? ABSOLUTELY. For the price, the location, and the overall experience, it’s a solid choice. Did it have the perfect Instagrammable moments? No. Was it five-star luxury? Nope. But was it a comfortable, convenient, and generally pleasant place to stay? YES. Plus, the bacon. Don't forget the bacon. Seriously, go.
11. Let's say I want toStay And Relax


Post a Comment for "Auburn Hills Escape: Luxury Hotel Near Pontiac (IHG)"