
Jakarta's BEST 2BR Green Pramuka City Gem! (Travelio)
Jakarta's BEST 2BR Green Pramuka City Gem! (Travelio) – A Brutally Honest Review (with, like, a lot of amenities…)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to dish the dirt (and the delight) on Jakarta's BEST 2BR Green Pramuka City Gem, courtesy of Travelio. This isn't your sanitized, corporate-speak review. This is the real deal. I'm talking sweat, existential dread (when the Wi-Fi drops), pure bliss (when you finally get that perfect pool selfie), and everything in between. Let's go!
Accessibility - Getting There & Around: A Mixed Bag
Alright, let's be real. Jakarta traffic is a beast. The good news? Airport transfer is available. Thank the travel gods! After a bone-jarring flight, that's a lifesaver. Taxi service is also on offer, and honestly, probably your best bet short of having a personal helicopter (which, let's face it, would just create more traffic). The car park [free of charge] is a bonus, especially if you're already brave enough to drive in Jakarta… or if you're, like, a local. Car park [on-site] is also available. Bicycle parking? Nice touch, although, good luck cycling anywhere easily in Jakarta! Access is okay – not the most amazing. And I didn't spot much when considering Facilities for disabled guests.
On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: I'm not sure how they are, I wasn't especially looking for one.
Wheelchair accessible: Hmm… I think the common areas are, but you'd definitely want to confirm that with Travelio before booking. Gotta be sure!
The Internet: Our Modern Overlord
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! Internet access – wireless – Check! Internet access – LAN? Also YES! This is crucial, folks. Gotta stay connected to the world. Internet services in general are plentiful. But honestly, the Wi-Fi had its moments. One minute I'm downloading a movie, the next… staring into the abyss of a spinning wheel. So, yeah. It's good, it's there, but don't expect lightning-fast speeds all the time. My inner child wept when I ran into the dreaded 5 minute Wi-Fi timeout.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax…And The Quest for Chill
This place is loaded with options. And I mean, loaded.
- Pool with view: Absolutely. The view isn’t mind-blowing, but the pool is a solid win.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Yep, another pool! Jakarta heat demands multiple watery escapes.
- Fitness center, Gym/fitness: I glanced in. Looked…gym-like. I was too busy eating, though.
- Spa, Spa/sauna, Sauna, Steamroom, Massage, Foot bath, Body scrub, Body wrap: Okay, so… I didn’t personally experience all of these, but they are there! Hello, self-care city!
- For the kids, Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: They're really catering to families. (Cue the sound of a thousand tiny feet running…)
- Terrace: A good way to smoke and not bother people as long as you are alone.
Cleanliness, Safety, & The Pandemic Pivot
Okay, let’s get serious for a sec. They are trying hard to be safe. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, Security [24-hour], Safety/security feature etc. This is what I call serious safety. I saw staff cleaning constantly. It felt safe-ish. I am not a germaphobe but still, the whole thing is, like, fine.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Glorious Feast
Here's where things get interesting. This place has it all.
- Restaurants: Plural!
- A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Breakfast service, Breakfast [buffet], Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Holy mother of options! You will not starve.
- Room service [24-hour]: Yes, please! Midnight cravings are no match.
- Bar: For those evenings when you just want to… be.
- Bottle of water: Hydrate, people!
- Breakfast takeaway service: Perfect for those early morning escapes.
Okay, so I had the Breakfast [buffet] a couple of times. Let's just say, the coffee was passable, the nasi goreng was surprisingly good, and the pastry selection was…enthusiastic.
Services & Conveniences: The Perks of Being a Tourist (or Local)
This is where the Green Pramuka City Gem really shines.
- Air conditioning in public area, Air conditioning, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Elevator: Essential.
- Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes: They’ve thought of everything.
- Elevator: Essential
- Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop: Great for last-minute gifts and those forgotten items.
- Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Projector/LED display, Seminars, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: For the business travelers, or those wanting to host a small event.
- Babysitting service: Kids here, kids there.
- Outdoor venue for special events, Indoor venue for special events: If you're trying to host an outdoor event.
- Invoice provided: All the details.
- Airline transfer: A must for many.
The Rooms: Your 2BR Oasis
Alright, the moment of truth. The heart of it all. The 2BR unit I stayed in was… actually pretty great.
- Additional toilet, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service…: The list goes on.
- Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free]: Yep, covered (though, again, see previous Wi-Fi ramblings).
- Air conditioning: Praise the AC gods!
- Interconnecting room(s) available: Good for families.
- Smoking area, Non-smoking rooms, Soundproof rooms: Options, options, options.
I loved having that fridge for my Bintang and the extra space. The little seating area was perfect for chilling out with a book (when the Wi-Fi wasn't cooperating). The beds were comfy. The view… well, it was a view. Not the Eiffel Tower, but hey, Jakarta’s got its own charm.
The Downside:
There were some imperfections. The light fixtures are basic. The aesthetic leans practical rather than luxurious, like, not a fancy hotel. But hey, you're here for more than just aesthetics, right? Also, the elevators are a real thing. I have a phobia of elevators.
My Recommendation: The Verdict
Look, Jakarta can be challenging. Traffic, the heat, the constant noise… it can wear you down. But the Green Pramuka City Gem, booked through Travelio, is a solid choice.
It’s clean, safe, loaded with amenities, and the 2BR option gives you space to breathe. It's not perfect, it's not the Ritz, but it's a really good basecamp for exploring Jakarta. Would I stay there again? Absolutely. The combination of convenience, space, and the sheer number of options makes it a winner.
Final score: 4 out of 5 stars. (Minus a half-star for the slightly wonky Wi-Fi and the elevators, and another half for pure honesty).
Compelling Offer: Your Jakarta Escape Awaits!
**
**Helnan Royal Palestine: Alexandria's Luxurious Oasis Awaits**
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. We're going to Jakarta, and we're doing it my way. Which means a healthy dose of spontaneity, a whole lot of caffeine, and probably some questionable street food decisions. Here goes… the (highly subject to change) plan for a 2BR Green Pramuka City By Travelio adventure:
Pre-Trip Anxiety & Packing (Days Leading Up, Mostly in a Whirlwind):
- The Dreaded Booking: Okay, Travelio, you got me. Green Pramuka City, two bedrooms, aircon, supposed to be "green" (we'll see about that). Scrolling through the options… Ugh, the endless scrolling. Do I really need a washing machine? Probably. Do I want to do laundry on vacation? Absolutely not. This is where I start questioning all my life choices.
- Packing Hell: This is where I excel. I’m talking a suitcase that could swallow a small child. "Just in case" items galore. Enough emergency snacks to survive a zombie apocalypse, and enough toiletries to rival a beauty salon. My significant other is currently judging my packing choices. I don’t blame them.
- The "Essentials" Debate: Passport? Check. Phone charger? Check. Travel adapter? Wait… do I have a travel adapter?! Cue frantic search of every drawer, under the bed, and in the junk drawer. You know, the usual.
- Last-Minute Panic: Did I forget to pay the bills? Did I leave the oven on? Did I actually lock the front door? These are all common thoughts as I'm literally driving to the airport. My mind is already in Jakarta, even if my body isn't.
Day 1: Arrival and the Jakarta Jitters (Or, "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Congestion")
- Morning: The dreaded red-eye finally ends! Land at Soekarno-Hatta International (CGK). Airport…well, it's an airport. Customs and immigration felt strangely efficient, but I was still half-asleep and not in the mood for efficiency.
- Getting to Green Pramuka City: I bravely navigated the chaotic (and glorious) world of Grab (ride-hailing apps). Traffic? Oh, glorious traffic. Jakarta is a symphony of horns, motorbikes weaving through cars like aquatic insects, and what can only be described as a controlled chaos. My stomach twisted with anxiety, then settled into a strange appreciation for the organized madness. The driver, bless him, was a chatty local who tried to teach me some Bahasa Indonesia. My response? "Terima kasih" and a lot of nervous giggling.
- Check-In Chaos (Maybe): Fingers crossed Travelio has their act together. I pray the apartment's clean. The last time I rented a place there, the bathroom was…rustic. I have no expectations but I'd prefer a working toilet this time.
- Afternoon: Finally, the apartment! And…it's… actually okay. Definitely a 2BR. Aircon is working. Hooray! Unpack, collapse on the (hopefully clean) bed, and assess the damage from the flight and the traffic. Consider ordering food delivery.
- Evening: Food delivery! The app is overwhelming. So many delicious-sounding things. I went with something vaguely familiar – nasi goreng. It was amazing. Maybe the best nasi goreng I've ever had. My tastebuds are in heaven. I want to eat every single thing. Then, a short walk. The security guards at Green Pramuka City are surprisingly friendly. Stroll around the local area. Maybe a peek at the pool, but chances of me actually swimming are slim. Too tired by then.
Day 2: History, Hustle, and the Search for the Perfect Coffee (aka "I Almost Got Lost, and Found My Soul")
- Morning: Start with a bang a visit to Jakarta Old Town (Kota Tua). Apparently, it's historic. (Cue the excited look I give when people talk about historical sites). The buildings are beautiful, but the heat is intense.
- Mid-Morning: Quick stop at a local warung (small eatery) for kopi tubruk (Indonesian coffee). Woah. That is strong. My eyes have widened. The gritty texture is strange, but the flavor is undeniably invigorating. I think I'm addicted. Already.
- Lunch Disaster (Possibly): Okay, this is where the day could go sideways. I'm determined to try some street food. This is my quest for the authentic Jakarta experience. But I'm very susceptible to stomach issues. Maybe I should've skipped the nasi goreng last night?
- Afternoon: Get lost. Literally. Wandering through the side streets, away from the main tourist areas, is a true experience. I stumbled upon hidden temples, local markets bursting with life, and the kindest smiles I've ever received. Almost got run over by a motorbike. Regretted my lack of decent footwear.
- Late Afternoon: Needed a place with aircon and a toilet. My savior was a fancy coffee shop. My new friend, the barista, told me about a local artisan market. I'm obsessed. I'm going.
- Evening: Back to the apartment. Write down some notes. So much happened today. I could smell the pollution mixed with the scent of jasmine. The city's a bit overwhelming, but in a good way. I'm not sure what's become of me, but I’m still excited to see where this journey takes me.
Day 3: Chasing Culture & the Ultimate Souvenir (aka "I Embraced the Chaos, and Found My Happy Place")
- Morning: Head over to the National Museum of Indonesia. It's BIG. (But with aircon!). I'm learning. I'm absorbing information. I'm feeling like a tourist. The exhibition on textiles was genuinely fascinating. The way they told stories. The colors. Incredible.
- Lunch: Repeat the nasi goreng. I still want to eat it every day.
- Afternoon: Shopping spree! I'm not normally a shopper, but Jakarta's markets are incredible. I spent way too long haggling over a batik scarf, but I got it for a steal (I think). I also bought a ridiculously oversized hat. I’m becoming a stereotype.
- Late Afternoon: Relax at the apartment. I feel like I need a break. Journaling. Organizing my photos. Watching some local TV (which is totally incomprehensible, but hilarious).
- Evening: One last walk around the local area. I might get a massage. I definitely might eat more street food (please, digestive system, hold up). Try a different kind of local coffee.
Day 4: Departures and Reflections (aka "Goodbye, Jakarta, You Crazy, Beautiful City")
- Morning: Wake up. Pack. Take one last look out of the window, with a lingering sadness.
- Breakfast: Last nasi goreng? Oh, yes. Of course. I'll miss this.
- The Big Goodbye: Check out of the apartment. Grab, off to the airport.
- The Airport Experience: Airport security… airport food. Airport waiting. All is well.
- Reflections: I loved the chaos. I enjoyed the people. I appreciated the food. I might be a little bit in love with this city.
Important Considerations:
- Traffic: Embrace it. It's part of the experience.
- Food Safety: Be adventurous, but also be smart. Travel insurance is helpful.
- Hydration: Drink water. Lots of it.
- The Unexpected: Things won't go according to plan. That's okay. Embrace it.
- Enjoy: Seriously. Just enjoy being in Jakarta. Soak it all in.
This itinerary is a suggestion, a framework, a loose collection of ideas. I might do none of it. I might do all of it. I'll definitely get lost. I'll probably eat too much. I'll undoubtedly have some ridiculous, unplanned adventures. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Wish me luck! And pray for my stomach!
Arambol Lake Resort: Goa's Hidden Paradise Awaits!
Jakarta's Green Pramuka City Gem (2BR, Travelio) - The Honest FAQs (Because Let's Be Real)
Okay, spill it. Is Green Pramuka City *actually* a gem, or just another Jakarta apartment with a fancy name?
Alright, alright, hold your horses. "Gem" is a strong word. It's more like... a *somewhat polished stone* in the rough that is Jakarta apartment living. Look, I've stayed in places that were literally *falling apart* (I'm talking crumbling plaster and questionable plumbing), so compared to *that*, Green Pramuka City is a freaking palace. But let's not get carried away with the glitter and pretend it's the Taj Mahal.
My Experience: I booked a 2BR through Travelio, and initially, I was stoked. Photos looked amazing. Big windows, modern furniture… reality? Well, let's just say the actual apartment was... *slightly* less glamorous. The "city view" was mostly other buildings, the furniture had seen better days (a few scratches here and there), and the cleanliness was… *adequate*. Not sparkling, but not "run-for-your-life-before-you-catch-something" bad. Basically, my expectations, once a majestic hot air balloon, slowly deflated into a slightly-wrinkled beach ball.
So, gem? Maybe a tiny, chipped amethyst. But hey, a chipped amethyst is better than a pile of dirt, am I right?
The 2BR - Roomy enough for a family? Or more like a sardine can with extra beds?
Two bedrooms, right? Sounds spacious. In Jakarta, that can mean *anything*. Generally, *yes*, it's decent for a family of, say, four. Two adults, two kids? Totally doable. But don't expect ballroom dancing. It's compact. Think of it as efficiently designed, not sprawling.
My Big Mistake (and I'm still slightly embarrassed): My family and I planned a trip, and I booked the 2BR with absolute confidence. I’d measured using a website, the sizes looked spacious. I envisioned a grand family reunion of laughter and love. Wrong. It turns out, I'm *horrible* at visualising spaces off plans. I ended up squeezing my in-laws in the place, and the last 3 days were spent shuffling around and getting under each other feet, it was a total nightmare. We were crammed in like a low-budget clown car. So, consider your baggage situation, folks. Think minimalist packing. Think ruthlessly decluttering your life and only bringing what you absolutely need.
The positives? You spend quality time together. The negatives? You REALLY spend quality time together. Also the noise from the outside was absolutely unbearable.
Travelio. How reliable are they, actually? Do you end up getting a bait-and-switch?
Travelio... the name itself sounds futuristic and slightly unreliable, like something out of a cyberpunk movie. Okay, so the reality is pretty middle-of-the-road. I've had good experiences, I've had "meh" experiences.
The Good: The booking process is generally easy, and their customer service *usually* responds (eventually). I've had them sort out minor issues, like a broken microwave or a missing towel. They're not Amazon Prime-level responsive, but they get there.
The Not-So-Good: The apartment you get sometimes... slightly deviates from expectations. The photos might be a *little* flattering. The amenities listed might be… aspirational. Also, make sure to check the location carefully. One time I ended up in a block that’s a fair distance from the listed landmark. Make sure to be incredibly detailed with your research and cross-reference.
My Advice: Read the reviews *carefully*. Look for recurring complaints. Lower your expectations slightly – that way, disappointment is avoided. And take plenty of photos upon arrival just in case something's amiss.
Location, location, location! Is Green Pramuka City actually *convenient*? Or are you perpetually stuck in Jakarta traffic hell?
Okay, the location is… *okay*. It depends on your priorities. You're not in the immediate heart of the action, like, right next to a mega-mall, or a trendy cafe scene. But it’s not in the middle of nowhere either.
The Traffic Monster: Jakarta traffic is legendary, a beast of mythical proportions. Green Pramuka City is located somewhere in the “less-horrendous-than-others” zone. You'll still spend time waiting in traffic, especially during rush hour. But it’s got decent access to major roads, and, thankfully, transport apps are a lifesaver.
Things Nearby (and My Quirky Observation): There are convenience stores, restaurants, and the usual amenities. It's not exactly bursting with character, at least not character *I* would personally seek out. But I did witness a local guy wearing a full Spider-Man suit, buying a pack of cigarettes. So, that's something.
Overall: It's a functional location. You're not going to be stranded. Just brace yourself for the inevitable traffic grind. Pack accordingly.
What about the building's amenities? Pool? Gym? Are they worth it, or more like a sad, neglected afterthought?
Ah, the amenities! This is where things get… variable. Green Pramuka City *usually* boasts a pool and a gym. The reality of how *good* they are, well, it varies.
The Pool: The pool… well, it exists. It can be crowded, especially on weekends. Don't expect Olympic-sized swimming. The water can be slightly… green. I'd wear goggles. Don't get me wrong, it's better than *not* having a pool in the Jakarta heat. But it's not a luxurious resort experience. Think of it as a giant, shared bathtub.
The Gym: The gym… I have a love/hate relationship with the gym. It’s functional. It has treadmills, weights, the usual suspects. The equipment itself? Could be better. The air conditioning? Non-existent on occasion. The motivation to work out in the Jakarta humidity? A constant battle. On one particular day, I saw a guy wearing a very tight, very revealing, lycra outfit. I ran out after that. Totally lost the mood/motivation, and ran straight to McDonald's.
In Conclusion: The amenities are there. Manage your expectations. If you're a serious fitness fanatic or a pool snob, maybe look elsewhere. But as a bonus, it does the job!
The price. Is it a good value for the money? Or am I going to feel like I'm getting ripped off?
Value for money… that's the million-dollar question, isn't it? It's tricky. Jakarta apartments, in generalScenic Stays


Post a Comment for "Jakarta's BEST 2BR Green Pramuka City Gem! (Travelio)"