
Escape to Nirvana: The Himalayan Monk Hotel Awaits in Nainital
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into a review of "Escape to Nirvana: The Himalayan Monk Hotel Awaits in Nainital." And let me tell you, after slogging through the pristine brochure descriptions, I'm ready to spill some real tea. Forget sterile hotel reviews; this is the messy, honest, and hilariously imperfect truth.
Let's start with the name, shall we? "Escape to Nirvana." Big promises, right? Almost laughably ambitious, especially when you consider I'm more likely to find enlightenment in a bag of chips. But hey, Nainital… it's got promise.
First Impressions & What Actually Counts (Forget the Brochure, Honey!)
Okay, accessibility. Sigh. This is crucial, and sadly, often overlooked. The brochure says "Facilities for disabled guests," but the reality? Well, let's just say navigating the winding mountain roads of Nainital with a wheelchair is a workout in itself. I didn't personally need wheelchair access, but I could see the challenges. The hotel does have an elevator, which is a plus. But the true test would be getting around outside the hotel. Rating: 3/5 (Could be better about the surrounding slopes)
So, did I actually find Nirvana? (Spoiler: Probably not. But it had its moments.)
The pool with a view… oh, the pool. You've seen the pictures. Infinity edge. Crystal clear water. Mountain vistas. And… cold. I swear, the water was practically glacial. My first dip was more of a shock therapy session than a blissful soak. But that view? Absolutely breathtaking. The way the light played on the peaks… Forget my frozen toes, it was amazing. Emotional Reaction: Holy mother of mountains! Rating 4/5 (Cold But Worth It)
Now, about that "Nirvana" promise… Relaxation, Relaxation, Relaxation!
Let’s talk things to do, ways to relax. The hotel does offer a spa. A real spa! And let me tell you, after braving the Nainital traffic, a massage was everything. They have body scrub, body wrap, foot bath, massage, spa, spa/sauna, and steamroom. The masseuse was a tiny woman with hands of steel, and she somehow managed to knead out knots I didn't even know I had. The sauna was a decent size. The steamroom… well, let's just say it was a little too intimate for my liking. I almost walked out in a hurry. The other facilities like the fitness center, Gym/fitness were available too. But honestly? After a day of exploring, the only fitness my body craved was lying horizontal. Emotional Reaction: Pure bliss (and a little claustrophobia in the steam room). Rating: 4/5
The Food… Oh, the Food! (and the Caffeine!)
Dining, drinking, and snacking. Ah, the cornerstone of any good vacation. Let's rewind a bit and talk about that breakfast [buffet] . The good news? They had Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, coffee/tea in restaurant, and coffee shop. The Buffet in restaurant was plentiful. The bad news? The Asian cuisine in restaurant options were a bit… bland. The Western cuisine in restaurant was much better and varied. I, of course, started every morning with several cups of coffee. The Poolside bar offered a decent range of drinks. I hear they have a vegetarian restaurant, but I didn't get a chance to try it. The Happy hour was certainly a highlight! The Restaurants were okay. I did find the salad in restaurant, and soup in restaurant quite tasty. Emotional reaction: Decent, but could use some spice! Rating: 3.5 / 5
The Room: My Temporary Home
Available in all rooms… Okay, so the Air conditioning worked. Phew. The Alarm clock was helpful. The Bathrobes were fluffy and luxurious. The Blackout curtains were a godsend after those early morning sunrises. I loved the Closet. I used the Coffee/tea maker daily. Complimentary tea. The Desk was useful. The Extra long bed was, well, extra long! Free bottled water was always appreciated. The Hair dryer worked. The In-room safe box was a secure place to stash my valuables. The Internet access – wireless – praise be! The Laptop workspace was perfect for checking emails. The Mini bar was adequately stocked. The Non-smoking policy was enforced. The Reading light did its job. The Refrigerator kept my water chilly. The Satellite/cable channels gave me something to do when I was done exploring. The Seating area was perfect. The Shower was hot, and the Slippers were a welcome addition. The Telephone worked. The Toiletries were fine. Towels were plentiful. Wi-Fi [free] was the true MV. The Window that opens was great. I love the window! Emotional Reaction: Cozy and Well-Appointed Rating: 4.5/5
Cleanliness & Safety - The Pandemic Edition
Anti-viral cleaning products, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. Okay, let’s be honest, I’m not going to inspect every single cleaning product. But I did see staff cleaning regularly. The Staff trained in safety protocol, checked out. I felt generally safe, which is a huge relief these days. Emotional reaction: Definitely appreciated the effort! Rating: 5/5
Services & Conveniences - The Stuff You Actually Need
Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center. The Concierge was super helpful with arranging taxis and recommending restaurants. Contactless check-in/out, always a plus. Currency exchange available. Daily housekeeping kept my room spotless. Food delivery was handy. Laundry service was reliable. The hotel does have a gift shop. There is a terrace. Wi-Fi for special events. Emotional Reaction: All the essentials were there! Rating 4/5
For the Kids? (Because sometimes, you gotta know)
Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. I saw a few families with kids, and the general vibe was welcoming. There's a great playground outside. They provided meals for kids, and the babysitting service was available! Emotional Reaction: Great for Families! Rating 4/5
Getting Around
Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking. The Car park [free of charge] was really great. I used taxi service and it was available. Emotional Reaction: Well organized. Rating: 4/5
The Not-So-Perfect Bits (Because Life Isn't a Filtered Photo)
No Pets allowed. If you have an animal companion, keep looking. I did hear some complaints about the service being a little slow at times, particularly during peak dining hours. The Room decorations were a little dated. (Picture dark wood furniture and floral wallpaper, which were a little dated. The Exterior corridor felt a bit exposed at night.
Overall Verdict: Escape to Happiness (with a Few Caveats)
"Escape to Nirvana" is a beautiful hotel with stunning views and a real commitment to relaxation. It's not quite Nirvana, mind you, but it's a lovely escape. It could be better suited for accessibility, and the food could use a little extra zing. However, the spa, the views, and that glorious pool are enough to make it worth the trip. I left relaxed, rejuvenated, and with a renewed appreciation for the simple joys of a good massage and a comfy bed.
Final Score: 4/5 Stars
SEO-Optimized Hotel Booking Offer: Escape to Nirvana with 20% Off!
Tired of the everyday grind? Craving a Himalayan escape? Book your getaway to Escape to Nirvana: The Himalayan Monk Hotel Awaits in Nainital
Uncover Hidden Gems: Hotel des Vosges's La Petite-Pierre Secret!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-formatted itinerary. This is my attempt at a Himalayan Monk Hotel in Nainital experience, filtered through the lens of someone who's probably going to spill chai on their notes, misplace a map, and get utterly and completely smitten by the mountains.
The Himalayan Monk Hotel - Nainital: My Brain Dump (aka "Itinerary")
Day 1: Arrival. Chaos. Bliss? (Probably a mix)
- Morning (or, as I like to call it, "Whenever-I-Finally-Roll-Out-of-Bed-and-Find-My-Socks-Time"): Arrive at Delhi Airport (ugh, Delhi traffic - I swear it's a sentient being designed to test my patience!). The plan is to then connect to Kathgodam by train (probably missing the first one I was "supposed" to get and desperately trying to plead my way onto a later one). The train journey? Legend has it, it's scenic. I'm hoping for a window seat, some sunshine, and maybe… just maybe… a friendly local to share their tiffin with me. (Fingers crossed for no food poisoning).
- Afternoon: (The Great Trek of the Taxi…or the Jeep…) From Kathgodam, it's a taxi (or god forbid, a rickety jeep!) up to Nainital. I imagine this "scenic route" will be the first real taste of the Himalayas. I'm already picturing vast valleys, winding roads, and the constant, nagging fear that my stomach might not agree with the hairpin turns. Hopefully, the driver is a pro. God, I hope the driver is a pro.
- Late Afternoon/Evening: Check-In, Gasp, and then… Chai Time! Arrive at the Himalayan Monk. Pray to the mountain gods for a room with a view (please, oh PLEASE, a view!). Expecting the hotel to be quaint and charming, a bit rough around the edges (in the best way possible). The main thing must be the view! The view is EVERYTHING! And I will probably spend a good 30 minutes just staring out the window, jaw agape, muttering things like, "Oh. My. God." Probably some tears of pure joyful terror will be involved. Then, it's straight to the hotel restaurant. I'm craving a big plate of momos and the strongest, spiciest masala chai they have. Because, you know, acclimatization is overrated.
- Evening: Wandering around the hotel to scope out the territory. Find the common areas. Find the fireplace (and pray it’s lit!). Maybe try to chat with other travelers (if I can summon the courage – I'm terrible at small talk until I've had at least three cups of tea). Early night? HA! Probably not. The Himalayas are calling, and I suspect they want me to stare at the stars until my eyelids become heavy with sleep.
Day 2: The Lake that Stole My Heart (and Possibly My Appetite)
- Morning: Lake Naini (and Likely, a Cloud or Two): Okay, this is the one I'm the most hyped about. Sunrise over Naini Lake! I'm prepared to wake up at an ungodly hour, grab a coffee from the hotel (fingers crossed it's decent), and try to capture the magic with my (likely subpar) camera. I expect an Instagram feed full of blurry, half-lit photos. But the beauty… that can't be captured with filters. I'm also hoping for a boat ride. I'm imagining gently gliding across the water in a quaint, wooden boat, feeling utterly serene. (Knowing my luck, it'll be freezing, I'll drop my phone in the water, and the boat will be steered by a grumpy old man with a beard as long as the lake).
- Late Morning/Early Afternoon: (Attempting to be Cultured - Probably Failing): Walk around the Mall Road, ogle the shops, the food stalls, and all the tourists. I'll probably buy something utterly useless that I'll regret later. Maybe some kind of embroidered scarf. And I'm trying to have a good time, so I'll try not to judge all the other tourists too much…but I'm not promising anything.
- Afternoon: The Perfect Chai and the Flawless View. I'm going to hunt down the perfect chai point, a small place with a view of the lake or the mountains. I envision myself sitting, sipping the warm, spiced tea, feeling the sun, and feeling the world just… stop. That’s the plan, at least.
- Evening: Dinner with a Himalayan View and Star Gazing The hotel restaurant again, probably because I'm too lazy to venture far. But the food? The view? Perfect. Maybe a chat with the staff. Maybe a beer (or two) to enhance the star-gazing experience.
Day 3: The Mystery Hike and the Unexpected Tears
- Morning: The Mystery Hike (Please, No Serious Injury): I'm planning this "hike." I have a vague notion of exploring some surrounding hiking trails. No specific trail picked. I am not the best hiker. Pray for my ankles. And my stamina. Hope I don't get lost. And that I don't encounter any wildlife that wants to eat me… or be friends with me.
- Afternoon: Rest and Reflect (or Collapse in a Heap): Back at the hotel. Shower. Rest. Journal all the ridiculous thoughts and feelings. Maybe reread a chapter of my book.
- Evening: Farewell Dinner (and Maybe a Few Tears): A last meal at the hotel. A last chance to soak in the ambiance. To bid farewell to everything. The hotel, the view, the mountains (and probably cry as I do so; the mountains do that to me).
Day 4: Goodbye, Himalayas, Hello, Reality
- Morning: The Great Departure: Wake up. Pack. Eat a goodbye breakfast filled with a mixture of regret and excitement. Depart for Kathgodam. Say goodbye to the staff with heartfelt tears.
- Afternoon: Travel to Delhi (and the inevitable delayed flight). Head to the airport. Wait. Wait more. Wait until the flight is, at long last, ready to leave, filled with all sorts of people and their hopes.
- Evening: Homecoming Hugs and Heartbreak: Arrive home. Unpack. Immediately start planning my return to the Himalayas. Because, the mountains have that effect - and they will always have a piece of your heart.
Important Caveats (aka, things I'm sure to mess up):
- The Packing: I'll probably overpack. Or, more likely, under-pack and then have to buy everything overpriced at a local shop.
- The Weather: It could rain. It could be freezing. It could be sunny. I'll be prepared for none of it.
- The Altitude: I might get Altitude Sickness. I'm not a mountain person. I'm a city person. Adaptability is not my best quality.
- The Stomach: I will probably eat something that doesn't agree with me.
- The Photos: My photos won't do the experience justice. But hey, that's life, right?
This "itinerary" is not set in stone. It’s more like a suggestion. The true brilliance of a trip to a place like the Himalayas is letting go of control, embracing the chaos, and allowing yourself to be completely overwhelmed by the beauty of it all. And hopefully, by the end of it, I'll have a few good stories to tell (and maybe, just maybe, a decent photo or two).
Wish me luck!
Luxury Unveiled: Your Dream Stay Awaits in Thessaloniki's Hidden Gem!
Escape to Nirvana: The Himalayan Monk Hotel in Nainital - Let's Get Real, Okay?
1. Okay, so "Nirvana." Is it REALLY that chill at the Himalayan Monk Hotel? Like, *Zen Master* level?
Alright, let's be honest. The "Nirvana" promise is a tad… ambitious. I went in expecting floating clouds and enlightened breakfast conversations. What I got was… well, a really, REALLY beautiful hotel tucked away in the Himalayas. And yes, the views can be pretty damn meditative. Picture this: waking up to a sunrise painting the snow-capped peaks pink. Stunning, right? I mean, I almost cried (in a good way!). But then the WiFi sputtered (more on that later!), and my inner stressed-out city dweller started clawing its way out. So, *Zen Master*? Maybe not. *Really, really lovely with moments of almost-bliss*? Absolutely. The staff are lovely, but one morning the breakfast was delayed like almost 45 minutes. I wasn't particularly happy because had to walk back to my room and get ready for the day. So, remember to temper your expectations. It's a *hotel*, not a portal to another dimension.
2. The Views! They're the Big Selling Point, Right? Tell Me More!
Oh. My. God. The views. They're… *chef's kiss* worthy. Seriously, breathtaking. I spent a solid hour just staring out my window one morning, completely mesmerized. The mountains just… hang there, majestic and silent. You feel tiny, insignificant, and utterly captivated. And the air, crisp and clean, feels like a gift. The best part? You can actually *see* it. It's like the clouds are made of cotton candy and the sky is this huge canvas.
But (and there's always a but, isn't there?), sometimes the clouds roll in and, boom, you're looking at… well, clouds. And the mountain peaks vanish. And you're reminded that nature is, you know, in charge. So, be prepared for potentially less-than-perfect viewing. Bring a good book (or a very compelling Netflix series downloaded on your phone… because… WiFi).
3. Let's Talk Food. What's the Grub Like? And are there any weird local dishes I need to brace myself for?
The food is… decent. Not Michelin-star, but perfectly acceptable. The breakfast is basic. Eggs, toast, the usual suspects. The lunch and dinner menus are pretty standard Indian fare, lots of curries and rice, dal, and tandoori options.
Now, about weird dishes. I personally wasn't brave enough to venture into the culinary unknown. I'm a creature of habit, you see. I stuck to the butter chicken for my sanity. However, I heard whispers of some local specialties. Things I'm pretty sure I would have regretted if I actually had tried.
But listen, ask the staff what they recommend! They'll be happy to guide you. You could discover something absolutely delicious. Or, you could end up with a story… and a potentially upset stomach. Either way, it's an experience!
4. The Rooms! What Are They Actually Like? Are They Instagram-Worthy?
The rooms are lovely. They're spacious, clean, and tastefully decorated. The decor is pretty standard. The bathrooms are pretty standard, maybe a bit dated but they were doing the trick. My room had a huge window overlooking the mountains. So, yes, very Instagram-worthy. I mean, I did a few selfies. Don't judge! I was in a stunning location!
Now, the small "buts". The water pressure in my shower could get a little moody. Sometimes it was a trickle, sometimes it was full-on power wash. The rooms could get cold at night despite the heater. And the walls aren't paper thin, but you will hear other people. Pack earplugs, just in case.
5. The WiFi. Don't sugarcoat it. Is it a joke?
Okay, fine. The WiFi… let's just say it's *Himalayan*. It's there, theoretically. Sometimes. It's slow. It's unreliable. It will frustrate you if you depend on it. I mean, I almost screamed the first morning when I couldn't download my emails. But then I took a deep breath, looked out the window, and remembered where I was.
Embrace the digital detox. Pack a good book. Or, you know, download some shows before you go. Prepare to be offline and actually *enjoy* it.
6. Okay, so, the Location. Is it Easy to Get Around? Any Tips for Exploring Nainital?
The hotel is a bit out of the main Nainital town. So, it's quiet and peaceful. Which is a huge plus. But getting into town requires a taxi or a bit of a hike (which, honestly, is a good thing!).
Nainital itself is beautiful. But it's also… touristy. Lots of crowds and hustle and bustle. But the lake is stunning, you can go boating. The Mall Road is fun for a stroll and some shopping. The views from the top of the aerial ropeway are amazing.
My tip? Get up early. Beat the crowds. Soak it all in. And then head back to the peaceful haven of the hotel before the afternoon chaos descends.
7. What About the Staff? Are They Friendly? Helpful? Or Do They Just Leave You Alone (Which, Let's Be Honest, is Sometimes Exactly What You Want)?
The staff are lovely. Genuinely. They're friendly, helpful, and always ready with a smile. They'll assist with anything you need, from arranging a taxi to recommending local attractions. They're also pretty good at leaving you alone when you want to be left alone. They're the perfect balance, honestly.
They make you feel welcome, like you're a guest in their home (which, in a way, you are!). They are nice, respectful, and professional.
8. Any "Must-Do" Activities While Staying at the Hotel?
Okay, this is where I go full-on rant. The *one* thing you ABSOLUTELY MUST DO is… a sunrise walk. I know, I know, getting up at dawn on vacation is anathema to most people. But trust me. *Trust me*. One morning, I dragged myself out of bed, grumbling, convinced I was going to regret it. I really was. I thought the hotel was a trap. But I forced myself. Best decision I made.
We walked through a pine forest, theAround The World Hotels


Post a Comment for "Escape to Nirvana: The Himalayan Monk Hotel Awaits in Nainital"