
Ahmedabad's Grandest Hotel: Luxury Awaits at The Grand!
The Grand Ahmedabad: More Than Just a Hotel - It's a State of Being (and Possibly a Little Over-the-Top)
Okay, deep breaths. The Grand in Ahmedabad. I'm back. And honestly? I need a vacation from the vacation. But hey, for the sake of review, and you, my lovely readers, here we go. Buckle up, folks. This is going to be a hot mess, and I'm here for it.
First Impressions: The Grand Entrance & the "Grand" Feeling (and Where it Starts to Crack)
Let’s start with the obvious: The Grand is GRAND. Think gleaming marble, armies of staff in perfectly pressed uniforms, and a lobby that could double as a ballroom (and probably has). Accessibility? Yes. The ramps are smooth, the elevators are speedy, and there's signage that actually makes sense. Score one for not instantly feeling like you're navigating a maze.
Accessibility & Convenience: They Got the Basics Right (Mostly)
- Accessibility: Whew, they really thought this through. Wheelchair accessibility is fantastic – wide hallways, accessible rooms, and even accessible seating options in some of the restaurants.
- Internet & Tech: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Thank. The. Gods. Seriously. My sanity survives on streaming services. The internet [LAN] isn't exactly the cutting edge tech, but it suffices. (I'll admit, I was secretly thrilled to see the old school internet connection!)
- Services: Daily housekeeping is a godsend. The convenience store downstairs saved me from several late-night snack emergencies. Cashless payment is a breeze, and the currency exchange was surprisingly efficient.
Rooms: The "Wow" Factor (and My Slightly Overwhelmed Self)
The rooms, oh the rooms. Picture this: I walk in, and I'm greeted by a vista of plush carpeting, a king-sized bed that could swallow a small elephant, and what I think is a walk-in closet, but honestly, it's more like a luxury boutique.
- Room Features: Air conditioning blasting like the Arctic wind, a mini-bar that's practically begging you to overspend, a safe-box big enough for a small fortune, and the sheer scale of it all. Extra long bed? CHECK! I felt like royalty!
- The Imperfections: My room was a bit… sterile. Kind of like a museum exhibit of "how to live luxuriously," not a place you could truly relax.
Dining, Drinking, and Snack Attacks: A Rollercoaster of Flavors (and a Few Disasters)
Alright, buckle up, because this is the juicy part. The Grand offers a plethora of dining options. Too many, perhaps?
- The Asian Breakfast: A Delightful Start (But Where Are the Pancakes?): The Asian breakfast was a highlight. Freshly made dim sum, flavorful congee, and a beautiful presentation. But… where are the waffles? Where are the pancakes? I missed my comfort food.
- Restaurants Galore: A la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet], Buffet in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant. Whew! Options, options, options.
- Poolside Bar: Paradise Found (After a Slight Hiccup): The Poolside bar was perfect for a sun-drenched afternoon. The drinks were strong, the staff were friendly, and the pool with view was breathtaking. But on my first visit, my drink got lost in the abyss. (Took them a good 30 minutes to find it.)
- Room Service: The Midnight Munchies Savior (and Slightly Pricey): 24-hour room service is brilliant. I ordered a pizza at 2 AM, and it arrived faster than I expected; it was a little over priced, but I was too hungry to care.
Things To Do & Ways To Relax: Spa Day, Anyone?
- The Spa Experience: Where Dreams are Realized
The spa… Ahhhhh the spa. Words fail. I opted for the full monty: Body scrub AND body wrap. The masseuse, bless her heart, had the patience of a saint. After a long day, the Foot bath, Sauna, Steamroom, and the Swimming pool were a welcome retreat. Spa/sauna = Total Bliss!
- Fitness Fiends Rejoice: You're Covered: They have a fitness center with all the bells and whistles, including a Pool with view!
- Alternative Relaxation? Okay, I didn't try the shrine (seriously, a shrine?), but hey, options are always good.
Cleanliness and Safety: Sanitized or Super-Sanitized?
I’m a little paranoid, so the focus on cleanliness was reassuring. They had:
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment.
- The Overkill: Maybe it’s too clean? I half expected someone to follow me around with a hazmat suit. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it felt a little… clinical.
Services and Conveniences: A Mixed Bag
- Business Facilities: Perfect for a business trip. Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Invoice provided, Meeting/banquet facilities, Projector/LED display, Seminars, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.
- The Quirks: A gift shop, doorman, and a concierge who could probably find you a unicorn? Also, a non-existent proposal spot (unless I missed something).
For the Kids: Family-Friendly or Family-Overwhelmed?
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: While there were kids' facilities, I didn't see much evidence of them. It felt designed for families, yet perhaps not ideally suited for them.
Getting Around: Seamless Transfers & Parking Paradise
- Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: Free parking is a major win.
- Imperfection: I had to wait an extra 15 minutes at the airport. But hey, it wasn't the end of the world.
My Final (Cluttered) Thoughts:
The Grand is undeniably impressive. It's a luxurious experience that caters to almost every need. But it’s not without its flaws. At times, it felt a bit… much. A little soul-less. A tad too perfect.
The Offer: Get Your Grand Getaway!
Book your stay at The Grand in Ahmedabad and experience a world of luxury, convenience, and unparalleled service!
- Exclusive Offer: For a limited time, receive a complimentary spa treatment (your choice of body scrub or wrap!) with your booking.
- Bonus: Enjoy a discount on all poolside bar drinks!
- Don't Miss Out: Visit our website and use code "GRANDAHMEDABAD" to book your stay today! It's the perfect choice for your next vacation!
- Contactless Check-in/out, Family/child friendly, Pets allowed unavailable & proposal spot.
- The Grand awaits!

Alright, alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into The Grand Ahmedabad. I'm talking the kind of trip where you're pretty sure you lost track of your passport at least twice, and end up bonding with a street dog over a shared love of samosas. Here's my attempt at an itinerary - more of a "suggestion with a side of chaos," really.
Day 1: Arrival, Accidental Spice Overdose, and the Holy Folly of Hotel Check-In
Morning (ish): Landed in Ahmedabad. Jet lag? Oh honey, that's a lifestyle. The flight was a blur of crying babies, questionable airplane food, and a desperate plea to the travel gods for a decent window seat. Reached the Grand Ahmedabad, finally. The lobby’s… grand. Shiny, a bit too shiny, my eyes are used to the dimness of the plane. Check-in? Well, let’s just say the receptionist had a very interesting interpretation of my reservation. After about an hour of frantic phone calls, deciphering lost emails and my own frantic attempt to remember my confirmation #, got a room. A room!
Afternoon: Okay, first order of business: food. Seriously, when is the next meal coming? Found a local place near the hotel (after a few panicked u-turns thanks to my absolutely atrocious sense of direction). Ordered what looked like a harmless "veg thali." Famous last words. That thali was a glorious, terrifying explosion of spices. My mouth felt like it was doing the tango. I think I sweat off a pound just breathing. Lesson learned: ask for "mild" even if you usually love spicy stuff. Rookie mistake. But the roti was heaven, so totally worth it!
Evening: Exploring. Walked around the hotel. The architecture is…interesting. Found a rooftop pool, which was a lifesaver from the Ahmedabad heat! Spent a good hour just floating, staring up at the stars. Then, dinner at the hotel restaurant. I was tired, but hungry. Let's see what they've got.
Rambling Thought: I swear, I saw a cockroach scuttling under my table. Nope. I am not talking about this, oh no. That memory to be buried. shudders.
More rambling: I'm going to have to start taking notes! This is a trip, not a walk on the beach. I have to remember things.
Day 2: The Adalaj Stepwell - Architecture, and a Near-Drowning Experience
Morning: Decided to be somewhat responsible. Adalaj Stepwell. Photos don't do this place justice, seriously! The intricate carvings, the way the light filters through… it's breathtaking. Spent a full hour just wandering around, trying to imagine the people who built it.
Afternoon: Back to the hotel. The heat was brutal so jumped into the pool. Swimming there was an issue when I accidentally went over my head.
- Emotional reaction: I really don't know what I was thinking.
Evening: Dinner. The other patrons are staring at me. I ordered the wrong meal.
- Quirky observation: The hotel's decor is like a time warp, but in a good way. It is just very vintage.
Day 3: Gandhi Ashram and a Crisis of Faith (in My Own Shoes)
Morning: Sabarmati Ashram. Powerful. Sobering. Standing where Gandhi lived… it's a feeling that stays with you. Read his quote in the visitor’s book. I'm going to be more kind and considerate from now on.
- Rambling Thought: I feel so full of purpose. I really and truly feel like I can change the world.
Afternoon: Back to the hotel, ready to change the world. Except my shoe is broken. The heel just snapped! I’m standing in the lobby like a complete clown. Okay, world domination will have to wait. I'm going to search for a shoemaker.
Evening: Found the shoemaker! A tiny, smelly little shop crammed with tools and the scent of leather. A kid runs a shoe store. Now, I ask you what the hell is happening? The guy did a brilliant job fixing my shoe. He wouldn’t accept any money. I have found faith in humanity again.
Day 4: Shopping, and the Bitter-Sweet Farewell
Morning: Shopping. Tried to bargain in the local markets. Failed miserably. Bought a tablecloth. I needed a souvenir.
- Opinionated Language: It's impossible to navigate those markets. They are so chaotic!
Afternoon: Ate lunch at the hotel restaurant. It was good, but expensive. Why is hotel food always so expensive?
Evening: Time to leave. The grand is… okay. I will miss the pool. The staff are nice. The bed was comfortable. Is this the end? I guess the fun is over.
Rambling thought: I would come back. Maybe I will.
Emotional reaction: So I did it! I survived the trip. I am going home.
And that's it! My attempt at an itinerary. Remember, travel is never perfect. It's messy, it's chaotic, it's beautiful, and it's utterly, wonderfully human. Go with the flow, embrace the chaos, and don't forget to pack extra pairs of shoes (with sturdy heels!).
Escape to Paradise: Marlin Inn Azur Resort Awaits in Hurghada!
Oh, The Grand! Ahmedabad's Grandest (Maybe?) – FAQs, Mostly from Me (and a Bit of Real Life)
Is The Grand *really* grand? Like, actually?
What's the deal with the rooms? Are they worth the price tag?
The food! Tell me about the food! Is it as good as the hype?
What about the service? Is it as flawless as they claim?
Does The Grand have a pool? Because, after a day in Ahmedabad…
Is it good for families?
Is there anything *bad* about The Grand? Let's be honest here.
So, should I stay at The Grand? Give it to me straight!


Post a Comment for "Ahmedabad's Grandest Hotel: Luxury Awaits at The Grand!"