
Escape to Paradise: Room 105's Luxury Poolside Haven in Ho Chi Minh City!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into a review of Escape to Paradise: Room 105's Luxury Poolside Haven in Ho Chi Minh City! This isn't your average, sterile hotel review. This is life, folks, unfiltered. I went, I saw, I (almost) conquered.
First off, let's just get this out of the way: Escape to Paradise? Okay, that's a bit of a stretch, but hey, marketing, right? Room 105, though? That was a definite sweet spot. Let's break it down, real talk style:
Getting There & Settling In (Accessibility & Convenience – Or Lack Thereof!)
Finding this place was…an adventure. I mean, HCMC traffic is legendary. So, while they offer airport transfer, which I'd highly recommend, because navigating the scooters and chaos solo is a heroic feat (and probably not wheelchair-friendly), there's no getting around the initial sensory overload. Once I landed, the exterior corridor was nice for easy access. While I didn't need it, the fact that they have facilities for disabled guests makes a huge difference. I am not in that community, but it's fantastic that it's available. They have an elevator, which, in a city like this, is gold. The check-in process was smooth, thankfully offering contactless check-in/out, which, in the post-pandemic world, is a must.
The Room: Room 105 – My Temporary Palace (Amenities & My Chaotic Life)
Okay, Room 105. The Wi-Fi [free] was a LIFESAVER. Seriously, I'm a digital nomad, and without it, I'm basically a lost sloth. They promised Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and dammit, they delivered!
The air conditioning blasted arctic air, which was heaven after sweating my face off in the streets. The blackout curtains almost worked, but the bright city lights still managed to peek through. Honestly, I don't think blackout curtains exist anywhere in Asia-- (Rant: I swear, they’re all designed to make you constantly think 'Oh, it's a nice day!' at 5 AM. I'm not a morning person!).
Now, for the good stuff: Air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathtub, bathroom phone, carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping, desk, extra long bed, free bottled water, hairdryer, high floor, in-room safe box, internet access – LAN, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar, mirror, non-smoking, on-demand movies, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, safety/security feature, satellite/cable channels, scale, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, visual alarm, wake-up service, wi-fi [free], window that opens. All of these goodies!
I'm a messy person, I admit it. So having daily housekeeping was a life-saver, though I did feel a pang of guilt every time they walked in to see the carnage. Note: if you leave your laptop open on a video call and the housekeeping is in, you'll be mortified. Take it from me.
Okay, Let's Talk Pools (The Soul-Soothing vs. The Slightly-Less-Than-Perfect)
The swimming pool [outdoor] at this place? That’s where the "Escape to Paradise" almost rings true. The photos? Glamorous. The reality? Pretty darn good.
The pool has a pool with view, and I swear, watching the sunset from the water was one of those moments where you just breathe and think, "Ah, this is the life." There is a poolside bar, which is a bonus. I spent a solid afternoon there, alternating between swimming, sipping a questionable but delightful cocktail (those things hit different in Southeast Asia!), and pretending to be a sophisticated traveler.
Food, Glorious Food (Eating My Way Through Saigon)
Alright, food. The most important part. The Asian breakfast was pretty standard, in a good way. The fresh fruit was a revelation. I mostly stuck to the breakfast [buffet], which was plentiful, though a little… predictable. There's a coffee shop on site that's a lifesaver for the caffeine addicts such as myself.
They offer an a la carte in restaurant, alternative meal arrangement, Asian cuisine in restaurant, bar, bottle of water, breakfast service, buffet in restaurant, coffee/tea in restaurant, desserts in restaurant, happy hour, international cuisine in restaurant, poolside bar, restaurants, room service [24-hour], salad in restaurant, snack bar, soup in restaurant, vegetarian restaurant, western breakfast, western cuisine in restaurant.
Room service? Yes, please! (Especially after those long days of walking around.) It’s that convenience that you love.
Relax & Unwind (Spa Day Dreams – Or Maybe Not)
The spa was… well, it was there. I didn't go. Judge me. Look, I’m a sucker for a good massage. But I got distracted. I also couldn't find anyone to get a body scrub or body wrap. They did have a foot bath, a sauna, a spa/sauna, and a steamroom all available. So, you know. Options.
Safety & Cleanliness (The Worry-Free Zone – Almost)
The anti-viral cleaning products were a definite plus, and that included daily disinfection in common areas. The fact that they have hand sanitizer everywhere is comforting. I appreciated the individually-wrapped food options. It means they were thinking about the important stuff. The staff are trained in safety protocol. I definitely saw that they tried.
Things to Do (Beyond the Pool)
They have a fitness center, which I did not use (shame on me!). But it's there! Meetings are available. There's a convenience store (because, snacks). A gift/souvenir shop (because, impulse buys).
The hotel itself wasn't necessarily the starting point for my adventures. But having that comfortable little oasis was important.
The Verdict (Would I Go Back?)
Look, Escape to Paradise: Room 105? It's not perfect. It has its quirks. But it's a solid choice. It's clean, comfortable, and the pool is worth the price of admission alone. Plus, the staff were helpful. I'd happily return.
SEO-Friendly Offer (Because, Money Talks):
Escape to Paradise in Ho Chi Minh City! Room 105 Awaits!
Tired of the everyday grind? Craving an escape? Then look no further than Escape to Paradise: Room 105's Luxury Poolside Haven in Ho Chi Minh City! Nestled in the heart of the vibrant city, our hotel offers the perfect blend of relaxation and excitement.
Here's why you need to book NOW:
- Unwind in a Lush Oasis: Lounge by our stunning swimming pool [outdoor] with a pool with view, sipping cocktails from the poolside bar, and forgetting your worries.
- Comfort & Convenience at Your Fingertips: Enjoy free Wi-Fi in all rooms! plus all the amenities you could need (air conditioning, bathtub, complimentary tea, and more!).
- Fuel Your Adventures: Start your day with a delicious breakfast (including both Asian and Western options) and stay energized with 24-hour room service.
- Peace of Mind Guaranteed: We prioritize your safety with anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and staff trained in safety protocols.
- Explore Ho Chi Minh City with Ease: Take advantage of our convenient airport transfer, taxi service, and helpful concierge to discover all the city has to offer.
For the kids, we have babysitting service and are family/child friendly.
Don't miss out! Book your stay at Escape to Paradise: Room 105 today and experience the ultimate Ho Chi Minh City getaway. Click here to book your escape!
(Pro-tip: Book Room 105… it's the best!)
JIjI Poa Studios: Ruaka's BEST Photography & Videography!
Okay, buckle up buttercups! This isn't your Grandma's itinerary. This is… well, this is me trying to survive a week in Ho Chi Minh City, starting from Room 105 at the Lovely Serviced Apartment with the Large Pool (promises, promises!). Let's see how this train wreck unfolds.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Pho-ing Awakening (Plus, The Pool… or Lack Thereof)
14:00: Arrived at Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN). Jet lag? Oh, honey, that's an understatement. I feel like I've been wrestled through a washing machine on the spin cycle. Grabbed a taxi… which involved more hand-waving and frantic Googling than I anticipated. The drivers here… bless their hearts. It's like a high-speed game of Frogger, and I'm the lily pad.
15:00: Checked into Room 105. "Lovely" is a strong word, but it's clean, the aircon works (bless), and the view… well, it overlooks a rather sad-looking alleyway. Still, progress! Oh, about the pool… The lovely receptionist told me (in broken but endearing English) that the pool is “under maintenance” (read: green and possibly harboring a family of frogs). My dreams of luxurious poolside lounging… shattered. Note to self: Pack a book. And maybe a hazmat suit, just in case.
16:00: The Pho Quest Begins! Recommended by a friend: Pho 2000. Tourist trap? Potentially. Delicious? Absolutely. That broth… oh, that broth. It slapped me awake. Seriously. The noodles, the herbs, the little plate of chillies that nearly rearranged my intestines… Pure, unadulterated Vietnamese bliss. I ate so fast, I almost choked. Worth it. Nearly cried in the food orgasm.
- Anecdote: Saw a guy next to me slurp his soup so loudly, I thought he was giving a eulogy. It was… intense. Also, I clearly need to learn how to use chopsticks. Currently operating at a 60% success rate.
18:00: Wandered around the area. The traffic is a chaotic ballet of scooters! I'm talking, scooters doing the tango with each other (and occasionally, pedestrians). I'd planned to visit the War Remnants Museum. But the jet lag got me. Bed first, Museum tomorrow.
19:00: Collapsed onto the bed. Watched Vietnamese television and couldn't understand a word. Glorious.
Day 2: History, Hysteria, and a Hell of a Coffee Experience
08:00: Dragged myself out of bed for… You guessed it! COFFEE! I am addicted to strong coffee, and Vietnamese coffee is the fix I didn't know I needed. But! I needed to follow the tip of someone I recently met, and asked about a Phin. The cafe owner, laughing, suggested that it would take me an entire day to adjust to the correct procedure. And let me say, it's going to take a lot. At this point, I just gave up and bought a ready-made coffee.
09:00: War Remnants Museum. Okay, this place hit hard. It isn't just stuffy old relics. It's raw, visceral, and a complete punch in the gut. It's hard to see such a place. The exhibits are graphic and unflinching. My stomach kept turning. The propaganda is everywhere. I was in the museum for far too long. And at the end of the day, I left feeling a level of sadness that I didn't understand.
13:00: Trying to find a place for lunch after that museum was difficult! I ended up at a random place, where the waiter didn't speak English, I didn't speak Vietnamese, and we communicated through a combination of Google Translate, pointing, and wildly gesturing. The food was… interesting. Edible. I survived.
15:00: Decided to be a tourist and visit the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office. They’re beautiful, architecture-wise, but the relentless souvenir sellers were a bit much. I swear, one guy followed me for three blocks trying to sell me a pencil case that was shaped like a… well, let's just say it wasn't very tasteful.
17:00: The Coffee Conundrum Continues. Because I ran into a coffee shop where they served Ca Phe Trung, a Vietnamese egg coffee. I'm not sure I'm ready to declare my undying love for anything, but this might be it. It’s thick, sweet, frothy, and strangely addictive. Like drinking a dessert. I think I had three cups. Don't judge me.
19:00: Dinner in Nguyen Trai street. Street food heaven! Found a stall with some sizzling banh mi. The baguette was crispy, the filling was flavorful, and the vendors were laughing and joking around with the customers. I felt this was an excellent way to end a day.
Day 3: Temple Time, Tailoring Trials, and Karaoke Night (Oh God, Karaoke!)
09:00: Visited the Jade Emperor Pagoda. A beautiful, tranquil oasis in the middle of the city madness. Incense smoke, vibrant colors, and intricate statues… It felt like a proper reset.
11:00: Lost in the markets. Binh Tay Market. Huge, labyrinthine, overwhelming. I bought a silk scarf that I didn't need, haggled like a pro (or at least, I think I haggled like a pro), and nearly got trampled by a scooter. You know, your usual market experience.
13:00: Lunch – Quick pho at a random stall, because that’s what I do now.
- Anecdote: Spilled pho on my shirt. Again. Clearly, I still haven’t mastered the art of eating Pho quietly.
14:00: The dreaded tailor appointment! I'd read about getting clothes custom-made for next to nothing, so naturally, I wanted in. The tailor was lovely, but the language barrier was… significant. I ended up pointing at pictures and desperately trying to describe what I wanted via dramatic gestures. It was an adventure, to say the least. Fingers crossed they don't deliver a clown suit.
18:00: Dinner at a rooftop bar with some other travelers. Great food, great people, good view.
20:00: Karaoke night! (Insert scream emoji here). This was the group's idea, and peer pressure is a powerful thing. My singing performance was probably offensive to both the Vietnamese and the English languages. I'm considering a vow of silence to atone for my sins. However, some of the locals were very good singers and very supportive.
Day 4: Boat Trip, Bad Weather, and a Big Regret
08:00: Went on a day trip to the Mekong Delta with a tour group. The boat ride was scenic… until the rain hit. It started raining in torrents. By the time we got to our destination, we were soaked.
11:00: Visited a local coconut candy factory, a bee farm, and a traditional music performance. The experience felt a bit… touristy. I felt like I was on a conveyor belt, going from one cheesy attraction to another.
14:00: Lunch at a local restaurant. The food wasn't bad, but I was too miserable from the weather to enjoy it fully. I was starting to feel a bit under the weather.
15:00: The weather. It was grey. It was wet. It put a damper on everything. I was regretting my decision to go on such an excursion.
17:00: The boat trip back. It was a long, uncomfortable ride, but I found myself enjoying it.
19:00: I was exhausted. I had a quick solo dinner and went to bed
Day 5: Cooking Class Mishap
08:00: A cooking class! I was the worst student. Chopping things was a chore, and it was hard to know what I was supposed to be doing. At the end of the day, the instructors were very nice and the food was good. But I would have been better off just buying a pre-cooked meal.
12:00: I ate lunch.
Day 6: The Return of the Pho, and the Final Day
09:00: I wanted to go back to the first place I had Pho, on the first day.
19:00: Dinner at a fancy restaurant.
Day 7: Goodbye, Saigon… I'm Out!
08:00: Last Vietnamese coffee. Sob.
09:00: Last-minute souvenir shopping (because clearly, I hadn’t bought enough already).
**10:00

Escape to Paradise: Room 105 - The Unfiltered FAQ (Because Let's Be Honest, You Need the Real Deal)
Is Room 105 REALLY as good as the pictures make it look? Seriously?
Ugh, let's rip this band-aid off first. The pictures... they're good. REALLY good. Like, professionally lit, "airbrushed-out-of-my-life-problems" good. Is it *exactly* the same? Nope. My first thought, stumbling in after a 14-hour travel day fueled by questionable airplane coffee? "Okay, so the pool *isn't* shimmering with liquid gold at 3 AM." (Though, let's be real, who's expecting that?)
But, BUT, it's still damn gorgeous. The architecture? Stunning. The plants? Lush enough to make you feel like you're practically glamping in a jungle. The *vibe* is spot-on. They nail the "luxury poolside haven" thing. So, yes, it's good. Like, "Instagrammable-without-trying-too-hard" good. Just, maybe manage your expectations about the liquid gold. Reality is far less sparkly.
The Pool. Tell me about the pool. I NEED to know.
Oh, the pool. Where do I even begin? Okay, here's the raw truth: The pool is amazing. It's not Olympic-sized, thankfully (I'm not trying to train for anything, thanks). It’s just the right size for a leisurely float, a few laps if you're feeling ambitious (which, let's face it, is probably not happening after a day of exploring Saigon), and copious amounts of lounging.
One morning, I swear, I saw a bird take a bath *right in front of me*. A freaking bird! I almost fell out of my sun lounger, yelling "This is paradise!" to the empty air. (Embarrassing, yes. But it was also a peak moment.) The water is impeccably clean, always a relief. I spent a solid two days just *living* in that pool. Seriously. My skin felt like a prune by the time I left. Totally worth it.
What's the deal with the breakfast? Because breakfast is everything.
Okay, breakfast. Here's the thing: the breakfast is included and perfectly pleasant. It's not Michelin-star breakfast. It's mostly buffet style, but with a chef on hand to make eggs how you like 'em.
They had really good pho one morning, which was a *win*. The fruit was fresh, but the pastries? Meh. Honestly, I think I'd rather have had a proper croissant from a local street vendor. But again, it's free. And honestly, it's a solid start to the day. Just don't expect life-altering culinary experiences. Unless you count the pho. That might alter your life a little. (It did mine, actually.)
Is the location convenient? I don't want to spend my whole trip in taxis.
So, the location... it's... fine. It depends on what you consider "convenient," really. It's not *right* in the middle of the hustle and bustle, which is actually a *huge* plus, in my opinion. You'll need Grab (the local ride-sharing app) or taxis to get to the main tourist areas, but the ride is usually pretty quick and cheap.
I had one memorable Grab ride. The driver was blasting some incredibly loud Vietnamese pop music. Like, ear-splitting. I wanted to ask him to turn it down, but my Vietnamese is, shall we say, non-existent. So I just endured it with a forced smile, occasionally tapping my foot to the beat (mostly to appear polite). It was… an "experience." Anyway, the location is a good balance between "peaceful oasis" and "easily accessible to the city." Just embrace the occasional loud music on your commute.
Any downsides? Lay it on me, the good, the bad, the ugly.
Okay, honesty time. No place is perfect. The biggest "downside" (and it's not *terrible*) is the soundproofing. You will hear the calls to prayer from the nearby mosque in the early morning. It's not deafening, but it's there. I actually found it kind of beautiful after a day or two. Made me feel more immersed in the culture.
Then there was the occasional bit of construction noise during the day. They seemed to be doing some renovations (I think). But it's mostly a minor inconvenience . And sometimes, the Wi-Fi acts like a moody teenager. If you absolutely *must* stream something at lightning speed constantly, prepare to be frustrated. (But, hello, you're on vacation! Put your phone down!) Honestly, the positives far outweigh the negatives. And the staff are absolutely lovely and will do everything to help make you feel comfortable.
Okay, fine, I'm intrigued. Anything *really* special about Room 105 specifically?
Listen, I don't know if it's actually true, but I *felt* like Room 105 had the best view. Maybe it's the angle, maybe it's the position relative to the pool... but I could practically roll out of bed and be *in* the water. It's all about the pool access (yes, I'm obsessed). I definitely overheard a couple saying something about another room being "a little further away from the action." So, if you can, *try* to snag Room 105. Just based on my own experience. Don't quote me on it, but... trust me on this one. The other rooms are lovely, I'm sure, but... Room 105 felt special. It could have been the sheer euphoria of finally getting in the pool after a day of sightseeing.
Is it worth the money? Be honest!
This is the million-dollar question, isn't it? Is it worth it? Here's my brutally honest answer: Yes. Absolutely, unequivocally, yes. It's not "budget travel" by any stretch of the imagination. But if you're looking for a little slice of paradise, a place to recharge your batteries, and maybe even pretend you're a celebrity hiding from the paparazzi (I did!), it's worth every penny. The quality of the building, the staff that is always very keen to help you, the pool... It gave me a much-needed break after the stress of months of work. Book it. Just… book it.


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Room 105's Luxury Poolside Haven in Ho Chi Minh City!"